Paradise Based Learning – Experiential Learning Workshop 2024 Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
These are the Terms that govern your attendance at Paradise-Based Learning (the “Event”): a multi-day workshop for educators presented by Educators of America. The Event will offer workshop tracks, opportunities to visit multiple innovative schools in Hawaii, in-person networking periods, and food and drink periods.
For registrants from the United States, Canada, and Mexico:
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express are accepted for immediate registration online.
- Purchase orders: payments of $1,000 or more may be processed via Purchase Order. If your purchase is less than $1,000, you must pay by credit card.
- Purchase orders must be received within 30 days of the registration date. To make Educators of America a vendor with your school or district, please download a copy of our W-9 form (pdf).
For International registrants (outside of the United States, Canada, and Mexico):
- Wire transfer: Wire transfer is the only form of payment accepted for international registrants. Wire instructions will be shown on the registration confirmation page and sent out via email.
- The customer is responsible for paying all associated wire fees, including sender and receiver wire fees. Please ensure the net amount of your wire is in U.S. Dollars and equals the invoice amount.
- Registrations from outside the U.S., Canada, and Mexico must be approved by the Educators of America Events Team.
- Note: Unpaid registrations are subject to cancellation after May 18, 2024.
Refund and Change Policy
- Registration cancellations by a registered attendee submitted December 27, 2023, through February 29, 2024, will receive a 50% refund of registration fees.
- No refunds will be issued for registration cancellations submitted after February 29, 2024.
- Refunds for canceled registrations will be issued in the same form as the original payment when possible.
- Educators of America does not award payment credit towards future services, products, or Events.
Event Cancellation, Postponement, or Change
- Cancellation: We reserve the right to cancel this Event at our sole discretion for any reason and at any time. If the Event is canceled by us for any reason, other than due to a Force Majeure event, we will refund you any registration fees paid.
- Postponement: If the Event is postponed by us, we will provide you with a substitute ticket for the new Event. No refunds will be provided if an Event is postponed by Educators of America.
- Changes: We reserve the right to make any changes to the Event at any time and for any reason. Changes may include but are not limited to the name, themes, content, program, speakers, time, date, and or venue.
- Force Majeure: The performance of the workshops is subject to termination without liability upon the occurrence of any circumstance beyond the control of either party – such as acts of God, war, government regulations, disaster, strikes (except those involving employees or agents of the party seeking the protection of this clause), civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation facilities – to the extent that such circumstances make it illegal or impossible to conduct the workshop. The ability to terminate this agreement without liability according to this paragraph is conditioned upon delivery of written notice to the other party setting forth the basis for such termination as soon as reasonably practical – but in no event longer than ten (10) days – after learning of such basis.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation, postponement, or change of the Event, our total aggregate liability to you is limited to the refund of paid fees for your ticket to the Event that remain after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
- We are not liable to you for any expenditure, damage, or loss caused or incurred by you as a result of cancellation, postponement, or change of the Event, including but not limited to travel, accommodation, and other expenses.
- We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any cancellation, postponement, or substantial change to the Event (e.g., dates, location).
- Registrants unable to attend the Event may submit an alternate person to attend in their place. No substitution is valid unless the registered attendee submits a written request for the substitution via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including any required information regarding the eligibility of the alternate attendee to be registered, and Educators of America has responded affirmatively that the substitution has been accepted.
- Registrant substitution requests must be received no later than June 2, 2024. After that, any substitutions will be processed on-site at the sole discretion of Educators of America.
Workshop substitution requests should be made in writing via email to email@example.com. Workshop substitution requests must be received no later than June 2, 2024. After that, any workshop substitution requests will be reviewed on-site at the sole discretion of Educators of America, and workshop substitutions cannot be guaranteed. Other than in the case of an authorized substitution, the tickets you purchase for Paradise-Based Learning are only for your own personal use and cannot be resold or transferred to someone else. Reselling or transferring your ticket not in accordance with these terms will void the ticket, and the ticket holder will be denied entry to the Event. We reserve the right to deny entry and to cancel tickets purchased by any person or entity that we reasonably believe to be associated with attempted or actual ticket reselling or transferring.
- Your registration entitles you to admittance to the Event. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance (including without limitation any travel and/or accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you and we have no liability for such costs.
Consent to Use Photographic Images
- Registration and attendance at, or participation in, Paradise-Based Learning and other activities constitute an agreement by the registrant to allow Educators of America and third-party organizations to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, video, electronic reproductions, and/or audio recordings of such events and activities.
- Children are not permitted to attend any part of the Event, and we do not offer any childcare services or facilities to attend to childcare needs. Please make appropriate childcare arrangements during the time at which you will attend the Event.
- There is no Event entry for individuals under the age of 18 years old unless attendance is previously authorized in writing by Educators of America, at its sole discretion. If Educators of America does authorize an underage individual to the Event, that individual must have permission to attend the Event from an adult parent or guardian and must at all times during the Event be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Service Animals and Pets
- Please note that no pets or animals are permitted at the Event, including emotional support animals. Registered service animals are always welcome. We reserve the right to request appropriate documentation to verify service animal registration. Individuals accompanied by service animals must abide by the following guidelines:
- Service animals must be in good physical condition and must be appropriately immunized.
- Each service animal is required to wear a service vest or other identifying items while participating in workshop activities and on Event premises.
- Each service animal must be under the immediate control of its handler and remain leashed at all times.
- All animal waste must be properly disposed of by the handler.
- Failure to abide by these terms may result
Use of Paradise Based Learning and Educators of America Website
You may access the registration and information about the Event, as well as other products and services of our company, through our website, www.educatorsusa.org (collectively, our “Services”). Your use of our Services is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms are in addition to any specific Event or product or services terms and apply generally to all individuals who access or use our Services. By accessing or using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms, then you do not have permission to access the Service.
If you wish to make any purchase of Services that we make available (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase, including, without limitation, your name, your credit card or other payment information, and your billing and/or shipping information.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) that you provide in connection with any Purchase; and (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct, and complete.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your Purchase at any time, for reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, errors in your order, or other reasons.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected.
Availability, Errors and Inaccuracies
We are constantly updating product and service offerings on the Service. We may experience delays in updating information on the Service and in our advertising on other websites. The information found on the Service may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Products or services may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable on the Service, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information found on the Service.
We, therefore, reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
When you create an account with us, you guarantee that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the immediate termination of your account on the Service.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to your computer and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any and all activities or actions that occur under your account and/or password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our sole discretion.
The Service and its original content, features, and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Educators of America and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Educators of America.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Educators of America.
Educators of America has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
You acknowledge and agree that Educators of America shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such third-party websites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of New York, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time by making the most current version available on our website or otherwise providing it to you.
By continuing to access or use our Services after any revisions to our Terms become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Services.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.