As the clock hit midnight and 2018 faded as quickly as it came in, the horizon of 2019 emerged – open and enriched with opportunity. Sure, this sounds incredibly optimistic but it should be. Every new year brings nonprofit organizations a feeling of fresh inspiration, energy, and perception. So why should any organization cast doubt on a year so early on?
At Educators of America, we don’t have resolutions – we have intentions. A new year means new intentions for us and our largest intention this year is Building Hope. Instilling the spirit of hope and positivity within an individual’s mind can change the long-term course of their lives and their community. Encouraging a community to view challenges with an attitude that is full of resolve, grit, and resourcefulness combined with the knowledge to empower others; not only does it build hope, but it builds opportunities. And in 2019, this is what Educators of America is intending to do.
For those who are unfamiliar with Building Hope, it is our flagship international capacity building project that is taking us to the Southern African nation of Namibia.
The Building Hope Project has been in the works since its conception in April of 2017. It’s coordination, logistics, curriculum development, M&E procedures, and of course, fundraising hasn’t been an entirely smooth process but the most valuable work worth doing always includes obstacles and some measures of hardship. We have welcomed this obstacles with a smile and have continued to press on knowing well that the teachers, students, and community members who are a part of this project are holding us accountable, and vice versa.
With six months left until the Building Hope Project commences, we are still in the fundraising driver seat. Our cohort is organized, the members are putting the finishing touches on their curriculum, the M&E is finalized, and the lodging has been confirmed; we are 99% near completion. The remaining 1% falls into the ever evasive monetary aspect.
So we are asking you, and you, and your company, to help us reach 100%. Donations to Building Hope Project are indeed tax-deductible and what better way to kickoff 2019 knowing that you’re taking part in Building Hope for a community in Namibia.
As we begin our descent into the holiday season, the decorations come up, the travel plans are made, and the Black Friday shopping itinerary is developed. The everyday hustle and bustle of life is compounded with holiday plans, gift checklists, work get-togethers, and figuring out if you or one of your siblings is going to host one of the holidays this year. Fingers are crossed you stepped up to the plate last year and are unbound this fall and winter.
For Educators of America, the holiday season is a time where all hands are on deck. From Giving Tuesday to Fundraising Events to organizing our Educator of the Year event, not a moment’s time is wasted. But we wanted to take a brief instance to acknowledge the Clothing Collection Drive that will begin on Monday, November 19th and end on December 17.
The Clothing Collection Drive is an integral part of supporting Educators of America’s Building Hope project. The Building Hope project is our mission to provide support, capacity building workshops, and resources to a school in an awfully deserving community within Namibia. The community and school have identified their areas of need and by partnering with the local school, Educators of America are able to assist and work together with teachers, staff, and community members to develop long-term and sustainable solutions to the challenges they face.
Educators of America believes that the power of high quality education can uplift a community, a region, and a nation. It can bring hope. It can bring prosperity. It can positively change lives for generations.
Contribute to building hope, changing lives, and improving the chance of prosperity for students by participating in the Educators of America Clothing Collection Drive from Nov. 19 – Dec. 17.
We will be accepting gently-used clothing, linens, jewelry, shoes, and accessories such as belts, purses, and scarves.
So, when you’re rummaging through the closet, attic, or crawlspace trying to find those pesky ornaments, tree lights or table runner, and stumble upon your seasonal clothes that you keep telling yourself you’re going to donate, remember, Educators of America Clothing Collection Drive.
Thank you in advance for your donation and please contact us today for details on clothing pick up/drop off.